Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing General

Old Jul 7, 2003, 9:08 PM   #1

Default Printing at camera shops

Let me first say I ultimately want to buy my own photo quality printer, but for now I have to take my memory card to other stores to get prints. So far I've tried Target and H-E-B (a large food store chain in Texas) and the results have been ok, but the colors are not bright and vibrant. I've made a test picture consisting of a color gradient and lines of varying widths to test the print quality at various places, but the colors are off. Solid RGB red comes out a little orange and blue a little violet. Do I need to convert the color profile before I take it to these places? Right now they are sRGB. Any other suggestions for prepping my pics to be printed? Any stores you've come across that seem to make better prints than the rest? Thanks a bunch for any help you can offer.
flatland2d is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 30, 2003, 3:56 PM   #2

Any Wally Worlds in your area? They use the Frontier system which is quite good. I normally wouldn't recommend any of the chains, but they're not bad. (So I've heard).
Bob
Bob Polk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2003, 2:51 PM   #3

Costco has a really amazing Fuji printer. I run into professional photgraphers there all the time who tell me that Costco is a professional photographer's secret lab. I love the results I get from Costco, and I do a lot of volume there. I was actually checking the posts to see if there were any other suggestions for low cost commercial printers for digital photos. The Costco near me got a new photo lab manager who is changing the policies/procedures for dealing with digital photos, so now I am looking for a backup place in case I get too frustrated there. I am bummed that this new manager is changing things because I was so happy with the results. Anyone know of another printer? I am in the Chicago area.
Jes&Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote