Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing General

Old Feb 14, 2007, 12:41 AM   #1

I refill my two printers one an Epson RX530 and the other a HP DeskJet 720C

The epson is ok as it has a monitor but the HP hasen't. So being able to program I have created a monitor for 4 colours but would be a guide for more. It is invisable once installed. I do intend a commercial version based on feedback to handle multy printers and perhaps 5 plus colours.

It is user adjustable for fine tuning and there is now a forum for users to discuss settings and swap data setup files for a particular printer.

The place to get it is http://terry.sprinterweb.net/ Forum on contact page

I made it mainly for my HP that has no monitoring and just runs out of ink or blows a nozzle. so far it seems to record usage ok. This project is in its infantcy and I will rely on feed back via the forum to adjust the algorithem. I will update this free version to non commercial use. There will be a small fee for those who wish to use this version commercially. I can be contacted via the forum Contact page on web site above
I am posting this now as I saidI would come up with a method
Teddy Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 1, 2007, 1:21 AM   #2

I was kind of hoping I would get some feedback, I have this monitor working for my HP and so far so good, My Epson which has a good monitor is reporting nearly empty when there is at least 4 mil's. left.

I am trying to get info from the INTERNET but personal experience is what I am after.

If you re fill your cartridges and have some idea of usage I would like to hear of that usage.

My hp and Epson does not even come close to being accurate. So you can see why I am trying to get my printer's usage ironed out.

I got a warning at the 75% mark that I set on the HP 720c and the fill amount sought of agreed. But reading various statements about refilling I am only able to refill 3 to 5 times. I have refilled them now 20 + times and the heads have not warn out as the various sites say they will.

So I am confused and nowbelieve that nobody really knows their refill stuff
Teddy Bear is offline   Reply With Quote