Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing General

Old Jun 10, 2002, 12:07 AM   #1

Default Kodak Picture Software

I have a Canon S500 printer. I've used ACDSee, and Irfanview and Photoshop LE as the source of pictures for it and the prints have been mostly O.K.

Then (because I'd happened to buy some Kodak photo quality paper) I tried, first Kodak Picture Page, and then Kodak Picture software. I was surprised to see that Kodak also recommended downloading their supplementary program, called One Touch. One Touch seems to come in different versions, each one to match a particular printer, so naturally I downloaded the version of One Touch that goes with the Canon S500. It took me a while to figure out just how to operate Kodak Picture Software, but now that I've got used to it it's easier.

I've found that the Kodak programs make it easy (once you've got used to operating them) to print several pictures on one 8 1/2 x 11 sheet.

Now for the main message & question - with the Kodak programs the color rendering in my prints is distinctly better. Has anybody else found this?
Herb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 8, 2002, 2:11 AM   #2

Default Kodak & color enhancement

I have used several programs to print photos (picture it, olympus camedia, kodak, photoshop) and I can tell you that Kodak's is the overall best to PRINT from. To retouch a picture you'll want to use a photoshop product. Once that's done and proofed send it to Kodak for final output assuming you're using the photo for desktop printing.
tragland is offline   Reply With Quote