Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing General

Old Aug 3, 2007, 11:13 PM   #1

OK, who does wallet prints?

We offer wallet prints, and we currently have them printed at Wal*Mart.They come 2up. But, we have to cut them, and that takes time. And, with Senior portrait season coming up, LOTS of wallet prints are ordered, and we don't want to spend hour after hour cutting out wallet prints.

So, my question is: If you do wallet prints, how do you do them? Do you just grin and bear it, and consider it a necessary evil?

Any input would be appreciated!
HughesInNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 6, 2007, 4:51 PM   #2

Well, even back in the old days of shooting film when you wanted wallet size photos they came on a larger sheet and it was up to you to cut them. Nothing has really changed with Digital. You still have to cut them your self from a larger sheet. I suggest you purchase a "ROTOTRIM" paper cutter and just be prepared to cut them off of the larger sheets.

I do a lot of wallet photos for people and I always size them 3 1/2" by 2 1/2" inch. Photoshop allows 8 wallets to a standard 8.5 X 11 inch sheet of paper. My Minimum number of wallets is eight. I won't do wallets unless they buy at least one 8 X 10 or three 5 X 7 prints.

I don't think there are any labs that will not charge you a lot of extra money to cut out the wallets.

"ROTOTRIM" cutters are expensive but they are the absolute best in the long run.

Ronnie

Ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2007, 6:35 AM   #3

Thanks for the input, Ronnie. That was the answer I THOUGHT I would get, but not the answer I wanted to hear! LOL! A quick search of Amazon.com bring up an 18" RotoTrim paper cutter for $185, which is very manageable. I'll get one on order here shortly. That's a great idea you had about requiring a minimum of 8 wallets before going through the "hassle" of printing and cutting them. I'll certainly rework some of our packages and take that into account.
HughesInNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2010, 5:37 AM   #4

You may be interested to know that www.fotofriend.com allows you to create wallet-size prints directly from your Facebook photos. This is quicker since you don't have to upload them again (assuming you are on Facebook).

They do 4x6" sheets of 4, 8, and 20 (from 2c per print). You will have to cut them up yourself but they provide nice cut lines.
anthonyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2010, 9:15 AM   #5
Banned

Windows Photo Gallery offers you multiple printing options, including the ability to print wallet-sized photos. Wallet-sized photos are 2 by 3 inches--the perfect size to keep in your billfold or purse photo sleeve. You can print multiple copies of individual photos, or multiple photos with Windows Photo Gallery.

Last edited by Mark1616; Sep 23, 2010 at 9:28 AM. Reason: Spam signature removed
thomasallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2010, 9:27 AM   #6
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasallen View Post
Windows Photo Gallery offers you multiple printing options, including the ability to print wallet-sized photos. Wallet-sized photos are 2 by 3 inches--the perfect size to keep in your billfold or purse photo sleeve. You can print multiple copies of individual photos, or multiple photos with Windows Photo Gallery.
Well done for surviving 5 mins before getting banned for advertising in your signature!!!!

Have fun everyone!

See what I'm up to visit my Plymouth Wedding Photography
site or go to my blog.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote