Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing General

Old Aug 15, 2007, 4:01 PM   #1

Hey everyone, I'm having some problems with my pixma P9000 and wanted to get your opinions. Last week I was printing a larger photo and noticed these funny lines that started about half way into the print. They run the full length of the picture but I find are more noticable in the blues, for example in a sky. I ran the print head aligment and nozzle checks but don't notice anything on the results.
I've also found from further printing that the gap between the lines varies directly with the speed of the print. Faster the print the further apart they are
any help guys?? It's not very easy to see in these scans but it's easliy seen in real life.

Give your eyes a second to adjust for this first one
Attached Images

ahill876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 15, 2007, 4:02 PM   #2

closer up, it's almost like the photo paper is being advanced forward enough between passes by the pritner head
Attached Images

Old Aug 15, 2007, 4:20 PM   #3

Not familiar with your printer, but maybe a dirty or split roller? One revolution - one line...evenly spaced. Does it still occur if you reduce the resolution?

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2007, 4:35 PM   #4

the printer is fairly new (about 2 weeks old), don't think it could be the roller. I've noticed the spacing of the lines varies with the speed of the print or I guess the quality. If I use high quality setting the picture is slower going through and my guess is that the printer head makes tighter passes, this is when the lines are closely spaced. But if I use standard quality the picture is faster going through and the lines are further apart
Old Aug 15, 2007, 7:45 PM   #5

I've never used a Canon printer, but my uncle has one. He has to manually clean the ink nozzles every once and a while -- though he uses third-party inks and your two week ownership seems a bit early for excessive ink buildup on the head.

Check with Canon Tech Support first. Warranties are getting shorter all the time, but you should still qualify. If they recommend doing a manual head/nozzle cleaning, they'll give you the proper method for that printer. Some use heated distilled water, others use alchohol.

Good luck!

Grant
granthagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2007, 7:53 PM   #6

If you are getting lines at high quality settings I think the printer needs to be returned. That is a high quality printer with several reviews. If prints had lines like that the printer would not have been rated so high.

Have you contacted Canon support?

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2007, 5:11 AM   #7

yeah I just sent them an email lastnight, should hear back from them today. thanks everyone!