Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing General

Old Aug 23, 2007, 1:00 PM   #11

slipe wrote:
Quote:
You would probably have a better chance of the border coming out even if you cropped the images to a perfect 3:2 ratio. That isn't significant for normal prints, but your borders have to be even to look good.

I take it the downsize is to fit the images online. There isn't any reason to reduce the image size for printing as long as the ratio is correct.

Slipe,
Thanks for you reply.

Before image size reduction I made sure, using JPEGCrops, that the ratio was 3:2 or 10x15cm.

Had reduced image size for faster upload.
But a reduction in image size shouldn't make much of a difference when the aspect ratio (HxW) was not changed. Reduction of both H and W were done even at 50%.

Borders were added using normal PS techniques, so I don't think they were/are uneven.

bedde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2007, 1:03 PM   #12

JimC wrote:
Quote:
I see them (your link doesn't work but I went to your albums at http://bedde.fotopic.net/ and see that they're 1504 x 1000 pixels with the borders in place.

That's not exactly 3:2 (1500 x 1000 would be the exact aspect ratio). But, it should be close enough.

I'd find someone else to print them, especially if you've already shown them that some come out fine and some don't.
JimC,

Thanks for the reply.

We are limited to only a few stores here who have been doing this a long time.
The experience I had, was at one of the best.
So either I have to find someone who is willing to print for me at home or go to the few other stores.

bedde is offline   Reply With Quote