Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing General

Old Nov 20, 2007, 8:05 AM   #1

Hi all, i`m currently having problems with my epson r300 not recognising a particular cartridge (Cyan). The problem began on Saturday - replaced the cartridge as usual and it recognised it fine.Then when I went to use the printer again the next day it came up saying the Cyan cartridge hadnt been recognised.
I`ve tried a new Cyan cartridge and the problem still persists.I know its not a problem with the chip contacts on the printer as it recognises other colours if I put them into the Cyan port.All the other cartridges I purchased in the same set are recognised.....any ideas what the problem could be?
I`ve tried unplugging the printer and leaving it for a while, and have also reinstalled the Epson software on the laptop.
As it is, having searched online for a fix to the problem it seems that cartridge problems are quite common with Epsons.....so I`m currently looking for a new printer of a different make, any recommendations would be most helpful also....but it would be nice to get the Epson working in the meantime...

Thanks in advance for any help with this...

Mark H
Mark H is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 2, 2007, 4:20 PM   #2

The only suggestion I could make is to try reseating the cartridge. The contacts are small, and if the cart either didn't seat all the way, or needs to be just a bit deeper, the printer may not be able to read it. I was a bit surprised initially at how much force it takes to seat some of the Epson carts. Now I generally push a bit more after it clicks into place.

Apology for the late reply.

brian
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2007, 5:12 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply Brian. Whatever I tried the cartridge wouldnt work.All I can think of is that it was a dodgy chip. Since posting, i`ve found the projet cartridges to be 100% reliable on the r300 so provided supplies dont dry up i`m going to stick with these.

Mark H
Mark H is offline   Reply With Quote