Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing General

Old Apr 15, 2008, 11:25 AM   #1

I normally bring the big prints into kinkos and I think they normally handle this but my brother wants to print the image on his plotter at work.
This is a panoramic print which is 10654x2813 and 100% (no compression)

What is the max size I can print without "uprezzing" ? Is there a calculator for this?
http://files.drlinky.com/uploads/pano2bcropped.jpg

I Have CS3. Am I am to uprezz it in that program? Good guides on how far to go with it?

I might cut out more of the sky to get more of the yard blown up.

I plan on printing it 36 to 42 inches tall (ANSI D size) on a HP Designjet 5

Thank you
kieranmullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 15, 2008, 2:50 PM   #2

you need a plugin like alien skin blow up or genuine fractals.

i print panoramics that are 12x36 inches and 12x44, but my images are 314 dpi out of the camera so they print very well, as file size is big been made up of 4 shots.

one point to make is that if u use a automated stithc programme the results can be very poor whan printed, the seem to render at a poor resolution, i do mine by hand in photoshop.

just upsizing the dpi in photoshop will not work as good as the special plugin software i mentioned as its been made specificly to upsize images.

remember one thing though......if the original is small and poor the end result will be large and poor.

Gary
Reanimator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2008, 3:01 PM   #3

just had a look at the shot......its quite intresting.........but there are 3 visible joins, 2 not bad but the one at the right where the cranes and dump trucks are is very noticable, apart from that the quality looks good at full size

here is a tip for you.........make a template (new document) in cs2 the size u want to print at 300dpi and then drag your pic into it........itll give u an idea of how much bigger it needs to be, by how much it fills it !!! thatsa good way to judge

another thing to think of is framing.........largest mount board is 44 inch here in UK that means longest length is 44 inch if u want a mount around the picture

Gary
Reanimator is offline   Reply With Quote