Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing General

Old Nov 28, 2009, 11:49 AM   #1

Default Image preparation for printing - Costco 20" x 30" for $8.99

I just happened to be over at our local Costco dropping off some ink cartridges to be refilled when I saw that they do 20" x 30" prints for $8.99. They just happened to have a large one coming off their wide format HP printer

http://www.shopping.hp.com/product/p...Q6675C%2523B1K

I have an image from my K100 - 6MP that I would like to print, maybe not that large, but larger than what is usually recommended. I would think that it would need some interpolation and additional preperation. What would be the recommended steps to start with a RAW image and prepare it for printing say at the 20" x 30" size. They only accept JPGs and not lossess TIFFs. You can submit your images on line and then just swing by and pick them up, so its pretty convenient for me.

Thanks!
interested_observer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 29, 2009, 8:32 PM   #2

Interesting. Costco in Hawaii uses an Epson pigment printer that is in need of profiling (my 20x30 print was too blue) and accepts TIFF. Short of using something like Photoshop or Genuine Fractals it may be worth a try to enlarge as their prices are very reasonable. I have done 11x14 on Fuji Chrystal Archive paper with good results.
paniolo is offline   Reply With Quote