Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing General

Old Dec 22, 2003, 3:06 PM   #1

Default Printing Programs that...

Alright, I'm tired of using MS WinXP's printing wizard, it just sucks.

I set my images up in Photoshop to sizes of like 5"x7" or 4"x6" and tell the printer to print them out.

Well MS WinXP Print wizard uses centimetres and not inches, and I try to select the closest thing to those sizes like 10x14cm or whatever.

But when they print out, they smaller than what I wanted them to be. I printed out somne 4x6s and they turned out to be more like 3x5s

I have an HP 932c and try to print 4 to a page. Even when I print 2 5x7s their smaller than I want. Is it cause the printer doesn't do boardless prints so that a 5x7 is including the border??

If so that sucks and I'll have to save up for a new printer
Oh, and if anyone can recommend a nice photo printing program (preferably unrestricted shareware or even freeware) by all means I'll look at it.

Thanx !

-=------------------------------
Happy Holidays
Gimli is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 22, 2003, 9:31 PM   #2

You might try Qimage. It has it's own forum here on Steve's site and a number of folks here at Steve's use Qimage (I'm one of them, obviously.) It's an excellent program for printing. I use it in conjunction with Photoshop Elements 2 and have found it to be an indispensable part of editing and printing of my pictures. I print to an "old" HP895 and couldn't be happier with the output. (I know it's an old printer and better ones are out there, but it's paid for and still cranks out the paper!)

I like the ability to put various sizes of pictures on one sheet of paper and you can place them "freehand" if so desired. It does a superior job of sizing photos up or down to meet your specific requirements. You want a 5x7, you get a 5x7!

It's not shareware or free. It has a 30-day trial period and costs about $45.00. Best part is - upgrades are free.

Hope this helps.

Paul in NoVA
C-730 B-300 WCON-07
plg3 is offline   Reply With Quote