Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing General

Old Dec 24, 2003, 11:06 AM   #1

Default Canon i950 VS i960

Hey all,

Im planning on getting one of these two printers for printing photos from my Canon Powershot G3. Printouts will be mainly 4X6 with a few 8X10s here and there.

Basically, I was wondering the major differences/advantages of the two.

In particular, how does picture quality compare (most important issue for me). Any other differences/annoyances that you have experienced with either would be helpful too.

Thanks for the help

robbaggio
robbaggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 31, 2003, 2:37 AM   #2

Now I don't have either of these printers but I was looking to pick one Up. They had the i950 on sale at a local store for cheap. form what I was able to find the biggest difference is the addition of a 4x6 feeder tray. The Drivers were also updated. But from what I was able to find out the i960 was able to produce slightly better prints.
Juice_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2004, 2:44 PM   #3

I think the i950 uses the same heads as the i9100 and Steve has a blown up comparison shot of the two on this page: http://www.steves-digicams.com/2003_...tml#conclusion

The i960 prints finer detail. It is also faster.
slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2004, 9:57 AM   #4

The i960 is outstanding. I've been printing with one now for 8 months- first with my G5 images & now with images from both my Digital Rebel and now also from digital files created from negatives and slides shot with my EOS 3 and scanned in with a Canoscan FS4000US film scanner. The color is very vibrant and detail is extremely fine. The only printer I think I mightrather have today is the i9100 for bigger prints- other than that those two printers are identical. At $299 new today the i9100 is significantly cheaper than it was 6 months ago now that Canon has released the i9900.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2004, 10:47 PM   #5

Hi I just bought a canon i860, and the prints looks very diferent from what i see on the monitor(powerbook g4).Does anybody knows how i can calibrate them to show the same colors and contrast.
Thanks, Emiliano
lianoemi is offline   Reply With Quote