Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing General

Old Jan 2, 2004, 9:31 AM   #1

Default Easy PhotoPrint Plus

I have been using the Easy PhotoPrint Plus, available as a download from Canon if you do not have one of their later model printers which includes it as part of the software bundle, and love the prints that I am getting.

I use the portion of the program called Digital Face Smoothing and it really does seem to work wonders.

I do all my photo editing in PaintShop Pro 8 (does the best job I have ever seen for getting rid of the unending problem of red eyes) and clear the skin tones and print from Easy PhotoPrint Plus.

My only problem is I cannot seem to figure out how to save the the file and Canon does not support any software it gives you. I do get perfect prints but would like to be able to email or burn to CD a finished pitcure so they could see the same thing I do.

Any help would be more than appreciated - THANKS :lol:
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 9, 2004, 1:24 PM   #2

It is a toilsome task but it works.

Proceed regularly up to the last step before actually pushing the print button. Go to your Windows/Temp directory. You will see a file namelike "EppXX.tmp" (XX represent numbers). Copy that file and paste to a convenient location. Change the file extension to *.bmp and open it with your picture editor. Now you have the edited picture on your hard drive.

Regards.
FaikG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2004, 11:38 AM   #3

... and haveyou noticed thatCANON Easy PhotoPrint Plus cannot process TIFFs ? To me, the absence of afile SAVE function (like you noticed) plus the inability to process TIFFsmakes this software a toy ! Something that you wouln't expect from CANON ...

What if ... you are not a computer genius and you onlyrely on the CANON processing chain that you get from them : CANON digital camera (maybe outputting TIFFs) ...then CANON software (Easy PhotoPrint Plus) ... then CANON PRINTER (i865). This setup is not satisfactory ! And then you discover that there isno support from CANON regarding the software they deliver ?

Maybe CANON strategy is to helpyou working without the PC in the loop : at homeyou woulduse direct printing through PICTBRIDGE, and for the rest you would order digital prints through a digital lab.

A strange world indeed ...

steph_tsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2004, 8:51 PM   #4

steph_tsf wrote:
Quote:
... and haveyou noticed thatCANON Easy PhotoPrint Plus cannot process TIFFs ? To me, the absence of afile SAVE function (like you noticed) plus the inability to process TIFFsmakes this software a toy ! Something that you wouln't expect from CANON ...

What if ... you are not a computer genius and you onlyrely on the CANON processing chain that you get from them : CANON digital camera (maybe outputting TIFFs) ...then CANON software (Easy PhotoPrint Plus) ... then CANON PRINTER (i865). This setup is not satisfactory ! And then you discover that there isno support from CANON regarding the software they deliver ?

Maybe CANON strategy is to helpyou working without the PC in the loop : at homeyou woulduse direct printing through PICTBRIDGE, and for the rest you would order digital prints through a digital lab.

A strange world indeed ...

inatiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2004, 1:17 PM   #5

Sorry, Steph. Taking all the 3-dots to be ellipses I suspected that you'd written more. This will take you--at the site you can login as "guest"--to my questions about the i9900: http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/w....1@.3bb5b713/0 You're welcome to enlighten here or there. Thanks.
inatiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2004, 3:59 AM   #6
Baz

Like Frosty, I've been using the Canon Easy Photoprint for a year or two. It came with my Canon printers, and has been excellent. So I was interested to try the "Plus" version as Frosty explained.

After much searching online, I found a D/L for that. Nothing is ever easy, and this was so. Seems the plus will only run on the later V2 versions. Mine was V1.

So I D/L both the Easy Photoprint V2.1.1 & the Easy Photoprint Plus V1.0.0a

Wow, what a great printing application. The later version gives many more options for printing sizes per page. A4, 5x7,3x5,wallet,index, and many more. Plus for every image one can trim/crop to fit an aspect ratio without changing the original file.

So many thanks Frosty for alerting me to this software update. As you can guess I am mighty pleased with the latest Canon Easy Photoprint.

If anyone has not tried it. Give it a go. You will be pleased.

Baz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2004, 10:17 PM   #7

Hello,

I was using Easy PhotoPrint - and like every one else, really liked it. But it has since been crashing on my system. I get an error message when I click on a thumbnail and then the program shuts down.

Where are you guys downloading from? Maybe my copy is damaged - I am using the cd that came with my printer (i960)

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Carmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2004, 7:31 PM   #8
Baz

Carmen, I'd suggest you enter Canon in google. This will show many Canon sites world wide. I found some offered D/L of printer drivers. Do a search. You will need to enter your printer model #. (mine was i850)

Two sites I found had the Easy PhotoPrint & Easy PhotPrint Plus for D/L were Canon Asia, and Canon New Zealand.

Old Nov 18, 2004, 9:59 AM   #9

If you go to Canon now they have updated the Easy Photo Print. Rather that EPP and EPP Plus, they have worked it into one application. They have also included the ability to save the image after reducing red eye and face smoothing.
dcrawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2004, 2:24 AM   #10
Baz

Thanks for that dcr, I tried it today. As you say both EasyPhotoPrint & the plus are intergrated now. It's called V 3.2.0. with several more image enhance & correction features.

Surprisingly they have removed theoption in page layout to print borderless in this version.

The V 2.1.1 of EPPwould print 1, 2, or 4 borderless images per A4 page.

The borderless was useful at times, so I'm not sure yet whether to go for V 3.2.0, or stick with V 2.1.1.

Thanks dcr.