Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing General

Old Feb 12, 2004, 12:17 PM   #1

Default Yellowish cast

I have a Lexmark X75 (3 in 1) and when I print out my photos, they have a yellowish cast to them. People look like they have jaundice.

I've tried changing the Color Profile in Color Management in the Properties of the printer, but that made my printer use only the color cartridge to produce black and disregard the black ink cartridge altogether.
JerryF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 13, 2004, 8:19 AM   #2

I can't address your specific printer because I've never used a Lexmark, but I will say that your problem is quite common, though the color cast isn't necessarily the same. For instance, my Epson tends toward a red cast. A fairly simple fix is to add a color that's the opposite of the cast. In your case, you would add your own color cast of blue in your software.
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2004, 7:07 PM   #3

Default Thanks

Thanks bcoultry. I was hoping to not have to do that because then, the pics will be bluish on screen.[/quote]
Old Feb 13, 2004, 7:58 PM   #4

Default Re: Thanks

[quote="JerryF"]Thanks bcoultry. I was hoping to not have to do that because then, the pics will be bluish on screen.[quote]

Jerry, you should add blue in your printer's color setup, not your editing software. That way, you're not changing what you view on the screen, but adjusting your printer for the yellow cast it produces. Realize, of course, that the cast could change if you change paper type or manufacturer or if you change your ink source.
ohenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2004, 9:35 PM   #5

Default Re: Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohenry
Jerry, you should add blue in your printer's color setup, not your editing software. That way, you're not changing what you view on the screen, but adjusting your printer for the yellow cast it produces. Realize, of course, that the cast could change if you change paper type or manufacturer or if you change your ink source.
I don't know how to do that. I have a Lexmark X75 and the software doesn't provide for anything like that.
Old Feb 14, 2004, 7:06 AM   #6

Here's a compromise of Ohenry's method and mine (actually, this is the way I always do it): Make an exact copy of your photo, save it as [Whatever]-PrintVers.psd (or .tif), then do your color alterations on that version. If it doesn't work well, you still have your original and can repeat the process until you get it right.
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote