Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing General

Old Mar 3, 2004, 8:44 AM   #1

Default Printing sports cards

I posted this in another forum (Dye-sub printers) but figured I would post it here as well to get a few more eyes on it.
---------------------
My son is starting to play on a lacrosse team this spring in a relatively new program. There was some talk about team photos and we were griping about the gouging the local photographers put on the teams. You can rarely get out of the deal without spending a truck-load of money. Most parents just want a team photo, an individual photo and perhaps a sports trading card. The team and individual photos would be easy to do on a consumer grade dye-sub printer, but I am not so sure about the trading cards. The way I see it the problem is printing on both sides and the heavier stock paper.

Anyone thought about this?
ah30k is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 19, 2004, 6:22 AM   #2

Hi,

I ran in to this problem last year. With two sons playing basketball, baseball and soccer! I decided to make sports cards. I found a Photoshop templet for your basic sports card. Then using some professional cards I bought to get ideas I made cards for the teams. While this is not a trivial task it's much more personal and rewarding.

I used Kodak 4X6 paper which can be printed on both sides. I was able to get two cards per sheet. This paper is not very thick but once the cards were trimed and put in to those little clear plastic sports card holders they looked quite nice.

Doug
boskoe is offline   Reply With Quote