Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing General

Old Apr 5, 2004, 7:50 PM   #1

Default Printing a 4x6 after editing in Photoshop 7, still crops pic

I have a panoramic pic that is 4x16 I took with my Canon A80. I have since split that into 3 4x6 pictures using PS7 to put into a 3 frames. When I got to print this image with my R300 as a borderless 4x6 it still crops the image even though it should fit perfectly on the paper. How can I get it not to crop the picture?
almies is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 5, 2004, 10:44 PM   #2

See if this works...

Do a print with preview then check "scale to fit media"
or type in 4x6 media.
CastleDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2004, 9:31 AM   #3

I also have the R300 & have seen the exact same thing you are talking about. For whatever reason, when printing a 4x6, Photoshop treats the paper as being slightly smaller than the 4x6. I can't remember the exact size but I want to say it was 3.997"x5.996". When I edit my photos & crop it to the the 3.xx X 5.xx size there is no cropping when it comes time to print. Hope that helps.
Juice_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2004, 6:24 PM   #4

That suggestion did not seem to fix it. I have used Adobe Photo Album and PaintShop Album. I have cropped a pic using the tools within the program to make a 4x6 photo. When I go to print and set the R300 to 4x6, premium glossy, borderless, the Epson software still crops the picture even more. How do I fix this? I am getting extremely irritated by it.
almies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2004, 11:26 PM   #5

I believe that I have figured out how to almost solve this issue. I too have been extremely irritated buy my photos being cropped on all sides. Apparently when you turn on Borderless printing, this other option called Borderless Expansion becomes active. This is a little slider in the Page Layout tab of the driver properties. It is by default set to Max. This option actually forces a part of the picture to be pushed over the printable area on purpose! Even when set to Min, there is still a slight area that is forced over the printable area, but itseems to be greatly reduced. In the help, it states that this is option is there to help reduce the appearance of margins on the paper. I'm thinking that if I'm using EPSON BORDERLESS 4x6 PHOTO PAPER that there shouldn't be any margins!?! But I guess the call to their support center about having borders on their borderless pictures is worse than having cropped borderless pictures.

I hope this helps.

Nick
somelucky is offline   Reply With Quote