Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing General

Old Jun 28, 2004, 10:24 PM   #1

I have a need for software that will allow me to print 11x14 prints with no image loss. I have an i9900 Canon large format printer that will print all of the popular sizes including the 13x19. However Canon failed to integrate the template for the 11x14 in their software. I have a great call for this size photo and need software that will support the print size without loosing image. I can force the i9900 to print an 11x14 photo but there is image loss both in width and height. The other sizes print with no image loss at all. Can anyone help me?

Thanks,

Jim
jdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 1, 2004, 4:28 PM   #2

Try a copy of qimage (http://www.ddisoftware.com/qimage). You can download an evaluation copy for 30 days free. I've been looking it over for about 29 days now and it is great for printing. Read the tutorial first as it'll give you a lot of hints on how to use the software. I use the custom setting for 11X14 (under print size) and it works well. I'm going to purchase it and for my needs it's the best value I've gotten in a long time. (can you tell that once I understood how it worked I'm impressed )

HTH.
l_50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2004, 9:29 PM   #3

Thanks for the input! I will give the evaluation a try. I have tried so many already, but none can support the 11x14 without loosing part of the original photo. I willl post the results.

Thanks again,

Jim
jdub is offline   Reply With Quote