Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing General

Old Jul 26, 2004, 8:20 PM   #1

I have a problem when printing in Costco (Novato, CA) on Noritsu 3101 with the latest software that they installed in the kiosk about a month ago.

When printing plain jpeg images on large format 12x18 inches and selecting "Borderless" on the touch-screen, the prints come out with a border. The jpeg images are properly cropped to aspect ratio 2:3 and there is no EXIF data in the jpeg files. The same images were printing fine, i.e. without borders, when the kiosk had previous version of the software. Also, it only happens when printing on 12x18 format, it does not happen when printing on smaller formats 4x6 or 8x12.

Did anybody experience the same problem? Is there any workaround?
jirik is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 26, 2004, 8:38 PM   #2
NHL

I always have 12x18 with (top + bottom) borders from Costco... If it did fill the entire paper that they used then they be cropping the sides (albeit with a larger enlargement)!

A matted frame will usually hide this border away without any need for cropping :idea:
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2004, 12:28 PM   #3

This topic is rather old now, and you've probably found the answer, but I will post a rather lengthy response anyway.

The problem appears to be with their channel settings. Either the kiosk is set up to use the bordered channel on the 3101 or the 3101 non-bordered channel is set up with a border.

They should allow you to hand them the disk and try to print from their workstation. Ask them to review the print channel settings and the kiosk channel settings.
verbatim_et_litteratim is offline   Reply With Quote