Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing General

Old Aug 8, 2004, 4:56 AM   #1

Having bought this printer, I am at my wit's end as to how to resolve this problem. Using either Adobe or Paintshop Pro I set the picture parameters at, for example, 11x8.5ins or 29.7cmx21cm depending on whether I am using american paper or european, since they are different sizes. But I still end up with ordinary prints, sometimes borderless at one end, or top to bottom, but there appears to be no rhyme or reason to it at all.Should I attack the problem from the pixel size, or what? I have wasted goodness how many sheets of A4 and don't dare attempt any more the A3 size because of cost. What pixel definition do you use for the best results, and at what sizes? The quality of the prints is stunning, which makes it even more exasperating.

Help me out please!
cameranserai is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 8, 2004, 11:13 AM   #2

Hi there, cameranserai. I use the i9900 and print borderless prints regularly without any white border on any of the sides showing up. However, I print using QImage and that may make a difference.

To test out what you are experiencing, I went into PSE2 and did a print preview on one of my images. I did notice that if your picture does not have the same width to height ratio as the pagesize you are printing to, PSE2 defaults to printing the image so that the image will be fully viewed on the resulting printout. This may mean that one of the dimensions of the image will end up with a white border. There's two ways to fix this (in PSE2), both amounting to the same thing:

1. Pre-crop your image to the correct w:h aspect ratio and then print

2. In the print preview dialog box, change the image dimension that causes the white border to the max width of your printed page. Uncheck Center Image option and set top and left positions so that your picture is positioned (and cropped) as you desire.

Hope this helps you.
geoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2004, 3:40 PM   #3

Mike ChaneyI'm close to the same problem. Using Elements 3 and/or paint shop pro... able to borderless 5x7, 4x6, 13x19 but there is not a 8x10 borderless option. I've tried Canon support, but they really have no clue either..I try doing custom papersize, it prints 8x10 but with a border. If Iclick on borderless button it then removes the custom setting and switches paper size to letter, and prints off center..Pleashelp...
Attached Images

bestflash is offline   Reply With Quote