Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing General

Old Oct 9, 2004, 2:59 PM   #1

I am wondring if anyone else is having same problem, I have the Epson printer & I am having trouble printing images from photoshop CS, I mean it will print it but either the colors are washed out or it is too dark. Now if I copy an photo (since RX500 has a scanner built in) or do a photo resize & print using the Epson utilities then there are no problems, every image looks fine.
I guess for some reaon I have alot of problems with Photoshop printing. Can someone help a little with some suggestions?

Thank you
Mark
spookymark is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 2, 2005, 2:16 AM   #2

Are you using a PC or a Mac?

Have you setup the Photoshop CS Color Settings to perform color Management?

What camera are you using?

I'm fighting similar problems with my RX600.

Ron
RonRed89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2005, 3:21 PM   #3

rx600 arrgh! just been on epson site, there are problems with driver and win xp. I have same printer and want to use a quick, simple way of printing 50 photos a week for school, hence i use the xp photo print wizard but all come out so dreadfully dark. Apparently conflict btwn service pack 2 and printer driver. New one downloaded from epson site but still too dark, i want to swop it for one like my other printer, hp1355, reliable. Please tell me if you have any other solutions. Bought rx600 cos of transparency feature and it's fine, everything's fine if directly from printer (mem card etc) but if from a cd/or cam card through computer (got an olympus c8080), arggh.:?..please help or epson here i come!:?
helpeee! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2005, 8:46 AM   #4

spookymark wrote:
Quote:
I am wondring if anyone else is having same problem, I have the Epson printer & I am having trouble printing images from photoshop CS, I mean it will print it but either the colors are washed out or it is too dark. Now if I copy an photo (since RX500 has a scanner built in) or do a photo resize & print using the Epson utilities then there are no problems, every image looks fine.
I guess for some reaon I have alot of problems with Photoshop printing. Can someone help a little with some suggestions?

Thank you
Mark
Have you fountd the solution?
fourmacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2005, 2:00 PM   #5

I believe its cause the camera has an embedded color profile.I have the same problem.I have found that I take a pic with my fujifilm 3800 cam and print it on thr r800 it is SUPER dark but if I open the picture in an editor such as Nero Photo Snap and do a slight alteration such as a crop and save the file, it then prints nice.

You could also do the same in Microsoft Photo Editor.

I have yet to try this but I have a theory. When I import one of my fuji pics into photoshop 7, a screen pops up asking if I want to discard or use the embedded color profile.I have always allowed it to use the embedded profile but my guess is that if I say not to use the embedded color profile(discard) and then resave the file as a different name, that it would then print fine using the windows printing wizard.

I think that some cameras have an embedded color profile that messes up printing with the Epson R printers.Pics taken with my fuji print dark using the camera file but pics taken with my girlfriends Kodak print just fine using the camera file.It's not the printer cause I do some amazing prints with the R800.Its just pics taken from my Fuji cam are dark.

Nero Photo Snap is part of Nero Vision Express.Nero Vision Express is part of the Nero Bundle.You can download a free 30 day trial from the Nero.com website and you can easily find a serial number to unlock the trial......Photosnap is nice cause it does not auto crop your pics like the Win XP Print Wizard does and has alot of auto correction and the red eye removal works REALLY nice and simple....

Keep me posted as to whether or not this suggestion helps.

Plump

plumpkatt1 is offline   Reply With Quote