Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing General

Old Oct 19, 2002, 10:44 PM   #1

Default Recommendations for Printing multiple prints/sizes

Hi,

I'm recently purchased a Canon s9000 and I'm very happy with it. We're using it on location shoots to print out portraits. We're doing everything from 13x19, 8X10, 5X7, and 4x6. I'm currently using the easy photo print software that comes with the printer, and Photo Impact 8.

I like the way Photo Impact 8 works, but it seems to be very slow at printing. It takes the Easy photo print software only seconds to send an 8x10 to the printer. Photo Impact 8 takes minutes.

Photo Impact 8 gives us easy layouts to choose from. Is there any other software on the market that has nice premade layouts? We're looking for speed here, we need to get the image into the computer, cropped real quick, touch it up if needed, throw it into a layout, and sent right to the printer. Photo Impact 8 does just that, but REAL slow on the printing end.
I've downloaded the trials of many programs like elements, qimage, etc. They all seem to lack something that Photo Impact has.

Any recommendations?
robrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 15, 2002, 3:25 PM   #2

Default Re: Recommendations for Printing multiple prints/sizes

Hi,

I think Photo Finale may have what you're looking for (www.photofinale.com). You can give a try for free and let me know if you agree.

In fact I haven't yet seen another program with as many preset templates for the 13x19 size your Canon supports.

Want eight 4"x6" photos on one sheet, or an 8"x10, 2 5"x7", and 2 3"x5" all on one sheet? No problem.

Regards,
Lee Whitney
Photo Finale
www.trevoli.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by robrink
Hi,

I'm recently purchased a Canon s9000 and I'm very happy with it. We're using it on location shoots to print out portraits. We're doing everything from 13x19, 8X10, 5X7, and 4x6. I'm currently using the easy photo print software that comes with the printer, and Photo Impact 8.

I like the way Photo Impact 8 works, but it seems to be very slow at printing. It takes the Easy photo print software only seconds to send an 8x10 to the printer. Photo Impact 8 takes minutes.

Photo Impact 8 gives us easy layouts to choose from. Is there any other software on the market that has nice premade layouts? We're looking for speed here, we need to get the image into the computer, cropped real quick, touch it up if needed, throw it into a layout, and sent right to the printer. Photo Impact 8 does just that, but REAL slow on the printing end.
I've downloaded the trials of many programs like elements, qimage, etc. They all seem to lack something that Photo Impact has.

Any recommendations?
lwhitney is offline   Reply With Quote