Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing General

Old Nov 30, 2004, 10:18 AM   #1

Hi,
I used to send my photos for digital print without doing any post processing. Unfortunately, the photos come out not favour to what I wanted. Some are oversaturated whereas others are too dark or the photos are cropped indiscriminately!

Here's are some tips and steps I wanna share. I used photoshop CS in my post processing and image cropping!(Please make sure your monitor is calibrated using Adobe Gamma (cheapest way to do calibration!))

1. If the image is not horizontal or vertical, adjust it by rotate the canvas in photoshop (Ignore this step if you're satisfied with the image!).
2. Crop the image according to the printout size! Normally I printed in 4R size therefore I set 4 X 6 inches setting in photoshop CS cropping tools.
3. Do level adjustment!
4. Do hue saturation adjustment if neccesary!

That's all. When sending photos for lab printout, talk to the lab operator and ask them don't adjust the colors and just do some adjustment to the brightness of the photos if neccesary!

That's all what I did before sending the photos for lab printout! If you have anything wanna share please PM me or post to this forum!

Thanks!

Cheers.

cheewooi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links