Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing General

Old Dec 7, 2004, 2:29 PM   #1

I have had an Epson Photo 890 printer for3 years and very few problems. However I am now getting black horizontal lines accross my prints. Not all the time and sometimes just one short line. Other times it can be several lines of varying length. either way it ruins the print.This has been occuring for several weeks now. I have tried cleaning the heads but it doesn't seem to make much difference. Can anyone please suggest a cure or is the printer on its last legs. If so can anyone say what the current equivalent printer would be please? Hope this isposted in the correct bit of this forum. Thanks.
singer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 21, 2004, 8:53 PM   #2

It would probably be best to give the old girl her retirement papers. With the low cost of newer printers, it's not practical to repair your old printer. You can buy a refurbished "Epson Photo Stylus 925" (w/warranty) directly from Epsons web site for $99 including shipping costs. Go to: http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/c...s&oid=32991460 . The 925 is a great printer that does borderless prints at fairly fast speeds. The 925 also accepts roll photo paper, has multiple card slots for your digital camera memory cards.
JKAyres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2004, 3:57 PM   #3

Thanks JK, I will look into your suggestion.
Old Mar 16, 2005, 2:10 PM   #4

singer

Have you tried a print head clean and alignment, if it works then it's the cheapest option.

mf_blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2005, 12:13 PM   #5

Thanks MF. I had a good fiddle & now seem to have cured the problem but I don't know how! if it goes wrong again the I think it will be a new printer.