Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing General

Old Dec 22, 2004, 3:34 PM   #1

When I print my digicam pictures with my digitalcamera hooked up to the printer (canon i6000), they print perfectly, without any borders around the image (4x6).
I am using canon 4x6 paper.

But, When I use my viewer programs like InFranView or some others I've downloaded, there always is a white square border around my pictures. The image does not use up all of the paper when printing and leaves a margin on all sides.

I've tried sestting the margins to zero and also choosing 'no borders', but this didnt help. Also, I have done the resize option and changed it to 4 x 6 inches but it still prints it with a border.

Can anyone help me out on how to print my pictures through say InFranView without having the sorrounding white borders?

Thanks.
rodni is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 23, 2004, 1:43 AM   #2

Have you tried the Easy photo print plus 3.2 from canon?

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=32

jeuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2004, 10:34 AM   #3

The Canon software doesn't install on my computer. I've emailed Canon numerous times and their solutions don't work with my system. I've pretty much frustrated trying to fix it and have tried to look for another application similiar to the canon one. But so far everything I've tried Ive gotten borders.
Old Dec 23, 2004, 11:58 AM   #4

I also get borders if I print from Photoshop – I presume Irfanview would give the same results. I'm not crazy about the Canon software but it does let me print borderless.

I would go to a computer help site like Tech Support Guy Software and try to sort out why you can't install the Canon software: http://forums.techguy.org/f18-s.html Be sure to include your operating system and what indications and messages you got while trying to install.

Another option might be to buy an advanced printing program like QImage. There is a free 30 day demo. People really like the program. http://www.ddisoftware.com/qimage/demo.htm

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2004, 4:26 PM   #5

Thanks, I will try your suggestion out. Also, my freind has photoshop and told me he can install it on my computer. now if I use photoshop, do you know if it will get rid of the borders when printing?
Old Dec 24, 2004, 12:06 PM   #6

You may try PhotoOne Print. It provides high quality print and gives you freedom to design your print project. It works pretty well if you choose boraderless option on your printer for your issue. Just check out http://www.photoone.netand get a free trial version.
Anthena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2005, 10:01 PM   #7

Rodni, you may have got it sorted by now, but, if you haven't is there not a setting in your printer properties to enable borderless printing. I don't know Canon . In Irfanview, when i click on print then choose printer set up, properties, I am able to choose borderless with my Epson R300 or C84, then I can go to page layout and set the expansion . As long as the right media is selected. Just a thought.

Stevekin.
Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote