Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing General

Old Feb 8, 2005, 7:13 AM   #1

The last several photos I've taking I took to my local Wal-Mart and I have been very satisfied with there results, 4x6 prints. In fact compared to the photos I've had done at the CVS Drug Store the Wal-Mart prints are superior. With Wal-Mart being just 2 miles away why go anywhere else.

Way to go Wal-Mart
rritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 22, 2005, 12:55 PM   #2

I agree completely with the previous poster. A couple of days ago I sent my first four digital photos to Wal-Mart for printing. They were all from a Nikon D70 and had a small amount of post processing done to them in Photoshop Elements. Since I wanted 8X10 and 5X7 prints I did the cropping myself rather than make the printer decide where to reshape the native 3X2 digital images.

I used the Wal-Mart upload wizard to send the photos to my closest Wal-Mart and opted to pay the price premium to get one hour service. My order was for one 8X10 and three 5X7 prints. Even with the extra charge for express service my bill came to a total of $7.25.

For a price comparison, Wal-Mart charges 24 cents for a 4X6 print if youopt for their 1-hour service. If you can wait a day or even just a few more hours, the price drops to 18 cents per print.

The upload wizard is fairly intuitive and worked flawlessly. If you have a broadband connection this option will keep you from having to create a Zip or CD to take to the store.

The prints were printed on high-quality satin paper and had glorious color. I have decided that I cannotprint as well or as inexpensively as Wal-Mart. If they maintain these prices and the current quality, they will have my printing business for a long time.

Gazelle2
Gazelle2 is offline   Reply With Quote