Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing General

Old Sep 20, 2005, 11:09 PM   #11

IT'S OVER 2 YEARS THAT CLIK 3D TOOK MY MONEY AND CLAIMED THEY SENT MY PICTURES, YET I NEVER RECEIVED THEM AND THEY NEVER GAVE A REFUND; I HAD SPOKEN TO THEM AND EMAILED THEM A NUMBER OF TIMES, AND IT SEEMS EVIDENT THAT THEY ARE LIARS, THEIVES AND CHARLATANS...I WONDER IF THE CANADIAN POLICE CAN DO ANYTHING ABOUT THESE FRAUDS???
robbedbyclik3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2005, 8:19 PM   #12

I've just read this thread and hope I can offer some help. I mostly shoot "regular" two-lens stereo, but have watched the evolution of lenticular systems based on the original "Nimslo" for many years. It seems these companies operate for a few years then disappear and, shortly thereafter, a new company comes up with a new series of cameras based on the same concept, operates for yet another few years and goes under. Then, another company comes up and... so on and so forth.

The bad news is when they go belly up. The good news is that so far, there's always someone seemingly ready to take over and, all these systems are fully compatible. The complaints you voice, I remember reading, back when Nimslo was falling apart in the mid-eighties. So there's nothing new here - just the same old story. Yet, the two companies that took over from Nimslo (Nishika and Image Tech) were successful formany years and could all process film made with all the previous cameras marketed until they eventually also ran into financial problems...

In the last few years, Orasee and Clik 3D have offered processing services to owners of cameras manufactured by all the above mentioned companies, but seem to have provided customer satisfaction for the least amount of time.

So, how do things stand today ? Well, luckily there exists a website operated by stereo fans called "stereoscopy.com"that has a page specifically dedicated to keeping an eye on companies offering lenticular processing services. They rate them according to user feedback. The page is at: http://www.stereoscopy.com/faq/lenti...rocessing.html

I just checked this page and find that one of the five or six companies listed that offer such services actually has not a single negative commentabout it. Unfortunately, neither does it have any positive input. Not that this is a bad sign - usually, people are vocal when they have complaints, not when everything is going well...

Of course, I can't recommend them, as I have not tried them, but maybe this offers a ray of hope for those of you that have no other alternative to obtain lenticular processing. I am not too sure how one would go about this after being burned previously. Maybe try one roll out and see what happens - then report here and on the stereoscopy website about your positive or (hopefully not) negative experience ?

Of course, the best thing would be to contact the new company and ask background information first and see how they respond.

I hope the abovecanhelp some of you.

3dfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2006, 7:17 AM   #13

Guys, maybe I can be of help. We are 3D lenticular printers and we have done lots of jobs for first class companies like Coca Cola, Danone, Budweiser, Nokia, etc, etc. At the moment we see a good business opportunity in expanding our business to the end user. Perhaps with your input we can help you to have these rolls converted to real and vivid 3D prints. The only thing is that we are based in Buenos Aires, Argentina, and so the rolls would have to travel through something like FedEx or UPS and then we could send the prints back. That's as far as I can go, so please if this post is still alive keep me updated so that I can understand better your needs in terms of number of users and prints so that we keep the 3D photography alive. Kindest regards! Nicolas
nico_nes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2006, 2:40 PM   #14

I am wondering if this new Snap 3D is in anyway affiliated with Clik 3D... I still have hundreds of negatives (all of the lenticular pictures I ever took) with Clik.**If all of our negatives were destroyed i wish they would just tell us.Any thoughts?* Do any of you live in Toronto?
jeremyscareme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2006, 12:04 PM   #15

Snap3d is not affliated with the lame clik3d...

Get the Canadian authorities to make clik3d tell the truth about your rolls (aka: better business bureau).:G
master3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2006, 1:37 AM   #16

[align=left]I am interested in any new technology for developing 3d negatives.
Until then, Snap 3d. com in Toronto answered thier phone at 8:30 PM, (Arizona time ) and quoted a 6 to 8 week turnaround time. Any feedback is welcomed.

Cherkin

[/align]
cherkinduse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2006, 4:07 PM   #17

So, where are you located and how do we contact your company?

What is the turn around time ?

-Ed
eprincipe01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2006, 4:11 PM   #18

Snap 3D gave me the same 6 week estimate. I spoke a gentlemen for some time asking various questions. He was helpful and admitted the lead time is a "bug-a-boo" but that was the drawback to the slow process. I found out they use up to 179 LPI lenticular lens and print directly onto the back of the lens which guarantees good registration.

Has anyone received prints from their service ?

-Ed
eprincipe01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2007, 11:02 PM   #19

I agree, SNAP 3D may take alittle more time, but they are well mannered, good comunication, and excellent 3d results!

They are the only developers left, so naturally it will take more time.

ps: i hope by now CLIK3D has been arrested, sued or put out of existence (their stupid site still lives)!:evil:
master3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2007, 9:50 AM   #20

I have been waiting for over 2 years to receive word from clik 3d about my order

I have tried numerous times to contact them, and have contacted the Better

Business Bureau of New York, I suggest that you do the same if they have

enough compliants lodged maybe some action will be taken. I am thinking of contacting the attorney general of New York state. I would appreciate hearing

from you regarding this matter and your thoughts and ideas if any. E-Mail

wmbold@yahoo.com
wmbold is offline   Reply With Quote