Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing General

Old Mar 8, 2005, 1:33 PM   #1

I bought an Epson R200 specifically so I could print on my CDs and DVDs. The supplied cover design software from Epson (Epson CD Printer) works fine and hits the mark giving properly centered images on the CDs when using the special CD caddy. Problem is, I much prefer using Nero Cover Designer to create my CD art. I'm having a tough time calibrating CD Designer to center up on the discs though and using a bunch of ink (not to mention making a mess) trying to find the proper X and Y settings for Nero. Is anyone else using these two products together and possibly already know the numbers to put in the X and Y setting so as to get Cover Designer to print properly? - Thanks

- Rick
Truelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 20, 2005, 5:47 AM   #2

Hi there,

I Please let me know if you figured these settings out !

It is driving me crazy as well.

if you figure out how to succesfully print cd's and dvd's using Nero Cover Designer I would be extremly happy to hear how.

So far I am just wasting ink, dvd's and time trying to figure it out.

email me:

Donnie@lucidmedia.com.au

if you figure it out

thanks
Donnie-Darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2005, 9:44 AM   #3

I've come close, (actually using negative number settings), but was still not satisfied with the result. Instead I'm using Paint Shop Pro (you could use Photoshop or any other graphics program) to design my labels using a template. Then I simply import that finished template into the Epson CD program as an image. Since the Epson program is designed to work with this printer, it hits the target everytime. I have much more design power in Paint Shop however and so use it for the label design itself.

I -do- wish Nero could work better with this printer though. I can get the settings I finally arrived at if you want to play with those. I'll have to check and get back to you.
Truelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2005, 10:16 AM   #4

Hi Rick

I am another satisfied R200 user.

I have been trying (not too successfully...) to come up with a PSP CD label template to do exactly what you describe. Have you been able to get the print quality you're after when importing your final picture into the Epson CD printing application ?

Is there any way you would be willing to share your template with a novice label designer (... ilke myself) ? I imagine you're using seperate layers for text, images & a layer with concentric circles to define your boundries... at least that is what I would try if I got over my PSP learning curve !

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks... Grant.
gjwAudio is offline   Reply With Quote