Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing General

Old Mar 20, 2005, 1:12 PM   #1

S^1t am I having problems getting my 2100 to print well.

After trying to setup for B&W prints using the Greybalancer my colour prints are now all over the place, even when grey balancer is disabled.

My B&W prints have a magenta cast which I can probably get rid of, but what is the most amazing thing is that when I use black only with the 2100 drivers I get the magenta cast so I installed the 2200 drivers from the USA Epson WEB site and black only prints come out perfect, no cast what so ever. I've uninstalled and reinstalled at least three times and still the USA drivers work the best with black only.

Why is it that the UK/Europe Drivers don't work, from the ones that come with the printer to the latest version. No good, I managed one decent B&W print with them and since then nothing. The 2200 drivers are bang on every time so far. Still gotta sort out the colour issue but B&W is cracked, I'll just use the 2200 Drivers.

Anyone got any ideas what I'm doing wrong. I've check the settings to make no colour adjustment, but everything then looks crap, even when I use colour profiles. I'm using Elements 2 BTW.

I know this printer can produce both excellent colour and B&W but I'm having one hell of a time trying to get it right.

Back to the drawing board.:sad:

cheers

Mart.:evil:
mf_blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links