Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing General

Old Dec 11, 2002, 6:58 PM   #1

Default My Usual Program Won't Print This Big -- What to Use?

I have only printed using the Kodak program. Now, I have 13x19" paper and want to print 11x14" prints. The Kodak program won't print that big. I look at all my other programs, and I'm stymied. I don't understand them and hate to start experimenting with $2.50/sheet paper without some idea of which program would be best to use.

I have PS7, ACDSee Suite, ARCSoft Suite, and the programs that come with my Nikon, Canon and Olympus Cameras. I fiddled with PS7, but I can't seem to figure it out. The 8x10" test I printed did not come out 8x10". I sure don't understand the "X pixils" by "X pixils." I would happily buy a program that would make this easy, but I don't know where to start.

I have an ME and an XP system, and I'm using an Epson 1280 printer.

Any advice will be much appreciated. My brand new expensive paper looks so lonely just laying there.
nochance is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 22, 2003, 8:24 PM   #2

N, the best program i have used is PS. When you are ready to print, go into image/image size/ size and adjust to the size you want to print. In the windows that say "pixels", open the tab and change them to "inches". This will give you acuraccy. The size you can get is pretty large. I have printed 6 foot by 8 foot prints through that.
just be careful about your rez settings, as these sizes may crash your printer. My HP, with added ram will run 60 mb files, and my HP plotter will run large files (600 mbs + ) but nearing the server crash limits.
if you are runnning a stand-alone pc you will be ok for 13"X19" prints.
hope it helps.
tabasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2003, 12:47 AM   #3

Default Won't print this big

nochance,
go to your search engine and enter: fotocrop. This program
is free. It's main purpose is to size your prints as you want
them. Specify 8x10 and it will print @ 8x10. You will be interested in the custom size feature. Before you use your expensive photo paper, practice on regular paper.

It covers other sizes also. Just a little practice.

john
J Eachus is offline   Reply With Quote