Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing General

Old May 14, 2005, 12:58 PM   #1

Anyone, please help! Two books that I have for my D70 say that I can get a wider gamut of color if I set my camera to the 'Adobe RGB' color space.

Quote from one book: "Note: With this color mode there is a tendency for colors to look dull when displayed on a computer monitor, its full benefits will not be revealed until you make a print."

I took 3 pics of a color chart using different color spaces in the camera (there are 3 choices for color space---Mode Ia [sRGB], Mode II [Adobe RGB], and Mode IIIa [sRGB-enhanced green and blue for nature). Thepic that had the 'Adobe RGB' setting does look dull when view on screen as the book says it should, but when I printed them out on my Canon PIXMA i4000 printer, the printout is JUST AS DULL. The printouts look exactly the same as viewed on screen.

P.S. All 3 pics had the same lighting, exposure, white balance---EVERYTHING except the color space setting.

See the attachment below. Notice the dullness of the reds, oranges, and a little bit of the yellows in the 'Adobe RGB' pic.

Does anyone else have this problem?
Attached Images

JerryF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links