Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing General

Old Aug 13, 2005, 11:57 PM   #1

I have been using this little software package for package printing on my Fuji Pictrography machines without any incident, until I upgraded the operating system. It ran great on OS 9.2.2, but I wanted to network the computer to make it easier to drag photos from different computers to it. OS 9.2 would not allow the computer to be viewed on the network or to share windows files even though the computer WAS on the network (could be pinged and access the internet).

Does anyone use this software and know what you have to do to get it to run on OS 10.2??? Several calls to Plug In Systems have not been returned. HELP!!!
wheresmymeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 17, 2006, 12:26 PM   #2

wheresmymeter wrote:
Quote:
I have been using this little software package for package printing on my Fuji Pictrography machines without any incident, until I upgraded the operating system. It ran great on OS 9.2.2, but I wanted to network the computer to make it easier to drag photos from different computers to it. OS 9.2 would not allow the computer to be viewed on the network or to share windows files even though the computer WAS on the network (could be pinged and access the internet).

Does anyone use this software and know what you have to do to get it to run on OS 10.2??? Several calls to Plug In Systems have not been returned. HELP!!!
I, too, was using this software at one point. It always worked very well - far more efficient than the Photoshop Print Package scripts.

Did you get it to run on OS X? Did you find another solution?
Agent Ska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2006, 12:48 PM   #3

No, it won't run in OS X period. Only onOS 9.X. If you load Tiger and try to run Packagizer it will just reopen the old operating system (since it comes on the same CD). I tried everything and finally heard back from the company.I had to abandon it and bought Qimage and a PC. I still have the old software, Macand dongle. Been trying to find a dongle for a PC and I do have the software (which came with the computer I bought) but the guy lost his dongle (no pun intended)and the only alternative was to purchase another one from Plug-In Systems (who have been very little help) at full price, so I blew that off and got Qimage which is a great program. I would love to continue using Packagizer since I still use my Pictro printers for package printing, but unless I can find a PC dongle I'm through with Packagizer.If you know anyone who has a Pictro3000/3500 and wants to buy my old mac and the software/dongle package, they are welcome to it. It will work fine if you dedicate the computer to that one task, but I have one computer that handles all of our printing and output and it has to handle inkjets, dyesubs, Pictros and even color laser printers. The old G3 just wouldn't do that so it wasn't worth keeping it just for Packagizer. Qimage seems to be working fine, but it is much more complex than Packagizer and I liked it because it worked flawlessly with my two Pictro machines and it was easy to train people on. We are "adapting" to the new system, though, I just wish I could find someone with a PC dongle for Packagizer that they don't need and then we'd have it all!

wheresmymeter is offline   Reply With Quote