Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing General

Old Oct 26, 2005, 2:27 PM   #1

Hi, I've been printing with the HP 7450 on Premium plus glossy paper. I let the prints dry quite thoroughly. At least a couple of days before framing them. What's been happening is the prints stick to the glass in spots, leaving dark areas. Is there any way to avoid this? Am I doing something wrong? thanks in advance, stefanie
steffies is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 30, 2005, 8:17 AM   #2

I haven't use this particular paper, but have tried some similar products, and find that the coating used slows ink drying a great amount. I got sticking even after two weeks of drying with some of these papers. My recommenation would be to mount the prnts with a mat so the print is not in contact with glass. Also dry for a longer period. As the solvents continue to evaporate, they can condense on the glass and create a film.

brian
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2005, 2:13 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply. I always use a mat and have left some of the prints to dry for a couple of weeks before framing. It doesn't seem to make a difference. I'm not sure why they wind up touching the glass when a mat is used, perhaps from handling going to exhibitions etc. Frustrating though :S
steffies is offline   Reply With Quote