Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing General

Old Dec 28, 2005, 1:59 PM   #1

I am currently printing on a Canon iP6600D. I have printed only on Canon Photo Paper Pro so far and am happy with the results. I recently took an image to my local photo lab to get an 8x10 print made, and it was done very nicely on matte paper. I liked the look of it and decided to look into printing on matte paper at home. I bought Canon Matte Photo Paper which obviously turned out to be NOT what I was looking for. I found other brands to have SATIN photo paper so I bought a pack of Kodak Ultima Photo Paper Satin. I tried it out and now have a few questions.

Does canon have a satin paper or anything like it?

I could not find a setting on the canon printer for satin and was wondering if anyone knew what setting is recomended for printing on satin paper?

I tried the matte setting and the image came out very wet, especially in the dark or higher saturated areas.

Thanks

mezark is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 28, 2005, 2:29 PM   #2

I just found this in the on-screen manual. I guess it answered my question.

Photo Paper Plus Semi-Gloss SG-101
This paper provides the same excellent water-resistant coating and superior color reproduction as the Photo Paper Plus Glossy PP-101, while offering a less reflective surface, closer to a traditional matte finish. This paper is suitable for borderless printing.
mezark is offline   Reply With Quote