Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing General

Old Jan 5, 2006, 6:48 PM   #1

Being more of the artsy type, the techy part of my brain does not work so well, so please bare with me!
I have been using an Epson 1280 to print my photography for about 4years and have been very pleased with the quality. For the last 6 months+ if I print anything higher than 360dpi I get thin red lines printing through and about 1/2" around my image. I am using Adobe Photoelements on my MAC OSX 10.4. Please advise!
denise m is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 7, 2006, 10:00 PM   #2

My first, and best guess would be that print heads nead cleaning. Try running the nozzle check utility to determine if this is the case. If so, running a cleaning cycle should fix it.

Next possibility is that waste ink pads are saturated, and the printhead carrier is dragging some ink along with it. I think you can buy replacement pads that come with instructionsm either direct from Epson or third party.

brian
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2006, 9:35 AM   #3

Thanks for your reply Brian. As it turns out I have been using Photoelements 1 mainly because I find the graphic options more suitable to the type of work I do. Yesterday I had a light bulb moment and tried printing through Photoelements 3 and Presto! no red lines. I assume the problem is in the software. Anyways, I have not not solved the problem, but I can at least print properly now. Thanks again!
denise m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2006, 1:26 PM   #4

denise m wrote:
Quote:
Being more of the artsy type, the techy part of my brain does not work so well, so please bare with me!
I have been using an Epson 1280 to print my photography for about 4years and have been very pleased with the quality. For the last 6 months+ if I print anything higher than 360dpi I get thin red lines printing through and about 1/2" around my image. I am using Adobe Photoelements on my MAC OSX 10.4. Please advise!
I also have the 1280 and was printing some large format photos for christmas gifts. I became extemely frustrated when I noticed that on each side of the photo, about 1/2 to 1 inch from the 'borderless' print...appeared a thin red verticle line. I wasted alot of large paper trying to correct it. the only way I was able to get around it was to add a 1 inch white border (via photoshop elements 2) in the 'canvas' size menu. No red line appeared. I also did not notice the red lines in smaller borderless (8x 10) photos. As it turned out, the addition of the white border was not a big deal as the photo were matted when framed anyway.

It was just frustrating. Any one have any ideas?
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2006, 1:26 PM   #5

Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2006, 8:28 PM   #6

Becky;

If your printer driver is similar to mine, there should be, on the second tab in the setup menu, a setting to adjust the expansion of borderless prints. I think the default is mid-range setting. you may need to increase this.

Denise;

Have you checked the settings in your Elements to see if the correct printer profile is loaded? Sometimes, if you have had more than one printer connected, even if it is no longer, the software can pick the wrong one.

brian
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote