Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing General

Old Mar 18, 2003, 12:27 PM   #1

Default which Photo Printer for about $250???

Need help.....I'm ready to buy a photo printer and I'm not really sure what I need to look for. I'm pretty sure that I want a 6-cartridge printer, one that is fast, and quiet. Any suggestions????

Tina :lol: :lol: :lol:
imzaxmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 18, 2003, 12:41 PM   #2

look at either canon or epson. both offer products in that $ that will probably make you quite happy.

the epson 960 is close to my 2200. it uses the ultrachrome ink with a supposed 27yr lifespan. auto cutter attachment for roll paper. cd direct printing. and a few other goodies. usb or parallel. if it produces anything like my 2200 it would be nice. price is with the roll and cutter attachment as low as $293.

canon has the s820 and the 900 $120 and $300 respectively. i would gather a large quality difference between the two. the hard and fast rule- you get what you pay for.
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2003, 1:22 AM   #3

I think one excellent option is the Canon I950. Incredible results even for my novice experience level. Costco online around $225 or average street price of $250. Check out Steve's review, good luck!
Mike Haywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2003, 1:00 PM   #4

I normally suggest epson. A few days ago I received my new printer at work to replace my knackered epson 640.

It's a HP 6122. I've given it a good work out with text and pictures.

I'm quite impressed, text is superb and pics on photo paper are great too. Surprisingly it's quick. I've never seen a printer produce pictures this good on normal paper.
steve6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2003, 5:14 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve6
I normally suggest epson. A few days ago I received my new printer at work to replace my knackered epson 640.

It's a HP 6122. I've given it a good work out with text and pictures.

I'm quite impressed, text is superb and pics on photo paper are great too. Surprisingly it's quick. I've never seen a printer produce pictures this good on normal paper.
Yeah the 6122 does a very good job and at a reasonable cost to. The epson competition would be the c82. But the 6122 does doubles sided and prints faster.
Gregersonsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote