Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing General

Old May 16, 2006, 12:30 PM   #1

... when sent online to a vendor, do you adjust the image size to match the size print that is being ordered or do you take your chances with their cropping/processing?
musicbym is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 7, 2006, 10:25 AM   #2

I use SnapFish, which I tend to like overall. However, they insist on exposing the entire surface of the paper, and you have no ability to say that you want it to be printed with white space as necessary but with NO CROPPING. Since I PhotoShop many of my photos, and may have cropped them as I see fit, this is a real problem. What I have taken to doing is forcing all my cropped photos to be in a 2:3 aspect ratio by placing the real photo on a layer of white background. It kind of ticks me off that they don't have an option to just print what's there, and let the border be whatever it has to be to print the image. The one thing that they DO provide is an option for 4x5.3" prints, which fits the uncropped image size of many cameras. But I would expect that most folks would want to see the photo they submitted for printing, not a crop that preserves the aspect ratio of the paper.

BTW, I've tried a few other cheap print places, and they all seem to do the same stupid thing. Go figure.
tclune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2006, 10:36 AM   #3

Thanks for the info!
musicbym is offline   Reply With Quote