Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing General

Old Jul 25, 2006, 12:32 PM   #11

Hi Guys ,If you are still out there ( Kelty et al ) Further to the R300 saga ,my local repair place could not do anything ,said it was a faulty printhead and not worth repairing. As I had nothing to lose I decided to remove the carriage which was not difficult and found ,lying in the bottom a cross shaped clip which looked like a grounding plate ( from the photo in the manual)Mystery as to how this became misplaced ,printer has not been dropped or abused in any way and seems it will be a major diss-assembly to relace this clip with no guarantee of success.

So as we stand presently I have another pile of plastic junk ready for the land fill:roll::roll:

Probably time to give Canon a shot .......................................

Dave
woodcarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2006, 7:48 AM   #12

As a fellow R300 sufferer...er...owner, I would not buy another one. Although I have not yet had any problems ,the darn thing sucks up ink like a vampire ona feeding frenzy.The guy at the ink counter at Staples knows me by name.The only feature that seems to work really well on this is the CD printer. I would not have this one repaired. Maybe somebody will offer a trade in on a nice Canon or HP model.
BEECEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2006, 4:39 AM   #13

I to have had problems with the r200 & 300, Epson take note i will never buy another printer from you again, and there are a lot of other people like me,out there.
alex james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2006, 7:17 AM   #14

yes me....too

Fuck epson !
dunkane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2006, 1:22 PM   #15

Never had any problems with Epson printers.

Used a trusty Stylus Color 740 for many years before upgrading to a R200, used with generic ink.

Excellent prints, cheap to run, sure its slow, but for a sub £75 A4 printer, little can touch it.
Sintares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2006, 3:20 PM   #16

Hey, Sintares , I am an ex -pat ( Canada 24 years :-):-)),

Strangely enough I too have a color 740 that is still goiing strong .

Completely different story with the R300 as this site will testify , it should not be a matter of luck :sad:

I have been using Costco , beautiful prints from a state of the art machine.

As quick as an hour turn around using their internet site, next day at the latest!

4x6 .........18 cents

8x12.........$1.49

12x18........$ 2.99

Works for me ,and even my hands are free of ink
Old Nov 20, 2006, 1:41 PM   #17

Had the Epson r300 for well over a year. Never had a problem. Cheap to run, excellent quality, perfect well done Epson.

Neil....

Neil Wharton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2006, 3:24 PM   #18

Good for you Neil . But as I said look at the posts above yours ,it should not be a matter of luck !!:roll:
Old Nov 22, 2006, 12:00 PM   #19

For what it is worth at this time regarding Epson R300 printers: My warranty ran out last month and 2 days ago one of the magenta print nozzles decided to give up. I always had excellent luck with Epson but I think they are cutting too many corners. The printer wastes gallons of ink during cleaning cycles and the ink is not cheap. Everytime a new Epson printer comes out it seems to use more ink flushing itself out. I just bought a HP C5180 All-in-one and am amazed by the results. Replacement ink is around $11Canadian a tank. I bought a HP ink refill combo with all 7tanks and 150 sheets of 4 x 6 photo paper for $42 Canadian. Epson paper alone was costing me $25 for 100 sheetsand the tanks were around $18 to $22 each so this is a real bargain. I even likethe results better than any Epson I ever had. I will never buy Epson again.
Schiermoniker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2006, 1:19 PM   #20

Hey Schier, Yeah I echo your sentiments. They just got GREEDY:evil::evil:

Thanks for the info on your H.P. That is interesting . My partner has a little H.P.1210 all in one that does a first class job and is relatively economic to run.