Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing General

Old Jul 6, 2006, 9:37 AM   #1

I am getting great results with my 5D and assortment of lenses on screen, but printing results are terrible. I have an iMac G5 (LCD Cinema display), Canon i850 printer, genuine Canon inks, Canon photo glossy paper. I have calbrated the monitor with Apple's built-in monitor calibration, used a Pantone Spyder to calibrate the monitor, printed from the following: iPhoto, Canon digital print software, Photoshop Elements 3.0, and Photoshop 7. In each program, I have loaded either the monitor profile or printer profile from Canon when applicable. Last ditch effort last night was using Photoshop 7 and printing with preview. Everytime I try something new, all the results are somewhat simular, never making a major improvement that is acceptable. I use a CAD system at my work which is calibrated for color using some high dollar spectrophotometers. The only thing I have not tried is to calibrate the substrate which makes a tremendous difference at work. I have been doing some research, and one explanation was; a monitor uses light to expose RGB color and is impossible for a printer to print the same results with CMYK and has no light source to illuminate the picture. So basically, it is very difficult to get on screen results to print and look the same. Help!
gobucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links