Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing - Qimage Support Forum

Old Sep 29, 2006, 8:34 PM   #1

I am printing an Adobe RGB file on HP Advanced Glossy photo paper using Qimage and the B9180. If I use the printer driver I set the paper selector in the driver to the HP Advanced Glossy setting, and the color in the color tab to "Adobe RGB." Then in Qimage under Printer ICC I select "Off." Is this the correct way to do it?
Is there any advantage to having Qimage manage the Printer ICC and turning this off in the HP driver? Either way Qimage is handling the uprezing and sharpening, and the profile should be the same, correct?
One thing I am confused about is if I want to use Qimage to select the Printer ICC (I then select the paper I want to use via the list), how come Qimage does not let me select sRGB versus aRGB like the HP printer driver does? The HP printer driver lets me select both the specific paper I want to use, as well as the color profile (aRGB versus sRGB), but not Qimage. Am I missing something obvious here?
Thanks,

Peter
peterm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 2, 2006, 8:55 AM   #2

I'm not familiar with the 9180's driver. Unfortunately, color management is very difficult with HP printers because HP can never seem to settle on a set of options for color in their drivers. Every HP printer has a different driver with different color controls, and even the ones that have the same controls often change arbitrarily as to how they work. If you are using an Adobe RGB setting in the driver, you should probably set Qimage's Printer ICC to "Adobe RGB" so that the data going to the driver will be in Adobe RGB color space. To let Qimage manage color (turning color management off in the driver), you'd have to have a custom (non-HP) ICC profile for the paper you are using.

Mike
http://www.ddisoftware.com
mchaney is offline   Reply With Quote