Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing - Qimage Support Forum

Old Oct 20, 2006, 1:23 PM   #1

I'm looking for a solution to my situation. I have three epson printers, a CX7800 for document printing, scanning and copys, a R200 that I use for photo printing and a C86 that is dedicated to b&w printing with a quad black ink set. These are all hard wired to my desk top computer, and my desk top is hard wired to my wireless router. What I want to be able to do is print wirelessly from my laptop from anywhere in my home. I think bluetooth is out because it is only good for about 30 line of site. Any suggestions would be helpful.

thanks
Caboose is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 20, 2006, 4:04 PM   #2

If it's OK to leave the desktop computer on and the printers where they are, you could just set up your desktop as a print server. There's more than one way to do this but the simplest is probably just to activate the "sharing..." option in the printer's properties on the desktop's control panel. Once you do that, the printer will show up for all computers on that network, so the laptop would show the same printers when you go to "File", "Printer Setup". Their connection would be through the network instead of USB, parallel, etc.

Mike
mchaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2006, 4:11 PM   #3

that makes since. I will give that a try. Thanks Mike
Caboose is offline   Reply With Quote