Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing - Qimage Support Forum

Old Jan 30, 2007, 2:02 AM   #1

I just moved to a 100% digital workflow. I love my new 3800 and I love Qimage. I am running it in Parallels on an Intel iMac (please do a universal binary version!). I print through CUPS and not USB... and it works great even with HUGE files! Because I am eating through disk drive space like it were going out of style, and the fact that I only work in B&W; I decided to start converting to grayscale after my initial channel mixer setting in PS. I love the fact that I effectively tripled my hard drive space... and that files process a lot faster. I was so disappointment after my recent shoot to find that this new workflow was not jiving with Qimage. Any help getting this to work would be great. The files are 16 bit grayscale images and they are displaying as rasterized messes or as "Image Read Error" icons. Please help me!

Thanks,

Patrick
subortem is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 30, 2007, 12:26 PM   #2

This may be another issue where your files are not completely compatible with Qimage. Try using a more "standard" format like TIFF and avoid using things like alpha channels or layers in the final (ready for print) image as no program can be 100% compatible with the more complex file types since their specs are always changing.

Mike
http://www.ddisoftware.com
mchaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2007, 7:13 PM   #3

Thanks Mike,

I can't wait to get home tonight and try this. If simply changing the file format allows me to use the greyscale files I will be in "tripled hard drive" heaven. Thanks for your quick response and great product!

Patrick
subortem is offline   Reply With Quote