Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing - Qimage Support Forum

Old May 25, 2007, 6:52 AM   #1

I am currently evaluating Qimage for 30 days (28 days left). I am primarily interested by the ability to print beyond the 44" paper size limit of the C86 driver. I don't see anywhere in the driver properties to select roll paper. Does this mean that I am resticted to this maximum length? I have some panos that I want to print 8" tall and say 60" or so long. After looking at all the posts on this forum I have come to the conclusion that I can't break the 44" limit.

I do remember seeing something somewhere about breaking a long pano into two or three panes (separate files for each, 8" x 20"), and printing each one separately (as separate files in the queue) but having no space between them when printedfrom Qimage. First of all, is this possible if my printer driver doesn't support roll/banner paper, and second, if it is possible in Qimage, how doI set up the prints so the paper doesn't feed forward between panes?

I'll probably wind up buying the program anyway because of the other benefits it offers over PS printing, but it would be nice to have the icing on the cake too.
Wolverine@MSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 25, 2007, 8:07 AM   #2

Unfortunately you can't print seamlessly if the driver doesn't have a roll/banner selection for the paper. You can, however, print multiple 44" (or any length for that matter) panels and just cut-and-butt them together. Qimage's poster feature will allow you to do that. That's probably the best you can do with a printer that doesn't do roll paper.

Mike
http://www.ddisoftware.com
mchaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2007, 8:13 AM   #3

Thanks for the quick reply Mike.
Wolverine@MSU is offline   Reply With Quote