Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing - Qimage Support Forum

Old Jul 27, 2007, 5:02 AM   #1

Does anyone know or aware of any plans to put raw capability into the pro version,,, i had some (self generated) expectaion that as qimage developed it would encompass raw files,, so rather dissapointed that my apparant pro version is not "pro" enough,,, shame,,,
chrisjmoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 28, 2007, 3:20 PM   #2

According to their website, only the studio version has RAW capability. Maybe you need to upgrade?

brian
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2007, 2:19 PM   #3

Hhmm, yes,, missing the point I think,, PRO=professional. apparantly not
chrisjmoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2007, 6:11 PM   #4

chrisjmoran wrote:
Quote:
Hhmm, yes,, missing the point I think,, PRO=professional. apparantly not
Not sure why you would assume that raw was coming to the Pro edition or why you would assume that professional = raw. What's the point having three different editions if "pro" is the top? It isn't. If you want raw capability, you can upgrade to Studio for the price difference. I have made it clear for years that I had no plans to support raw formats as there are plenty of full featured raw tools available so none of my users had any reason to assume raw was coming in any way, shape, or form. The raw capability in Studio was an unexpected plus for all my users... which is one reason that only the top level edition got that functionality. The most obvious reason is that Studio level professionals are the most likely to use the functionality and including raw support for a constantly changing range of cameras/firmware means added resources are needed to support that functionality in the future.

Mike
http://www.ddisoftware.com
mchaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2007, 8:19 PM   #5

I guess if we wanted to argue semantics, then yeah, I've gotta go with chrisjmoran on this one. I would naturally assume that Pro would presume that capability, but Mike is free to name his product in any way he chooses. If he wanted to name themCougar, Maverick and Icemanversions, then who's to stop him from including or discluding any features he chooses? Personally, I don't know that I've ever even tried to print from a .raw file anyway, so the Pro version works fine for me.
smitbret is offline   Reply With Quote