Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing - Qimage Support Forum

Old Sep 8, 2007, 5:35 PM   #1

I have been using Qimage on a windows XP machine which shares a folder with a mac (OS 10.3.9)across a local network. Up until recently this system has worked pretty flawlessly. Qimage identifies the "ghost" images from the mac and ignores them, and prints the"real" filesno problem.

However in the last few months Qimage would just quit when I clicked on a folder in the shared folder and other times would report "Access violations" and just freeze up with the little egg timer showing. Sometimes it will quit after opening the folder and building the thumbnails.

I tried doing a complete uninstall, including the registry files and re-installed the latest version. I tried disabling the firewall and anti-virus. In the end I just installed Qimage on a new machine running windows SP 2 and still have the same situation.

I see no one else here with the same problem, but I have this nagging feeling that the shared folder is causing the problem and Qimage doesn't like it. I was beginning to wonder if a windows update is behind this.

Have you any ideas Mike? I would appreciate any suggestions.
baldeegle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 19, 2007, 5:06 PM   #2

Try temporarily removing all the images from that shared folder and just insert a few images you know can be read without a problem (a few JPEG's perhaps). It is possible that Qimage is trying to read some images in that folder that are corrupted and may cause unknown problems.

Mike
http://www.ddisoftware.com
mchaney is offline   Reply With Quote