Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing - Qimage Support Forum

Old Sep 20, 2007, 11:13 AM   #1

Hi - I'd like to print the filename somewhere unobstrusive (bottom right say) of the image.

I've tried info stamp but it doesn't always show very well as it could be black text on a black background. Changing it to white doesn't help either as then it could be white on a white background for another image!

I tried ticking "info" on the job properties but that just added a margin and then the filename so if you cut the print to the correct size i.e. 6x4 you lose this info.

Tried adding a white border inside the print and then used info stamp but it didn't print in the border i'd made for it but on the image!

Am I missing something??

sjedwardz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 23, 2007, 9:34 AM   #2

The info stamp stamps the image itself. Try using a white (or whatever color) border and then use the floating text tool in the page editor to add your text.

Mike
http:/www.ddisoftware.com
mchaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2007, 8:38 AM   #3

hi - that won't work for me as I print lots of different sizes on big sheets and let QI sort out the tiling ,I don't won't to manually add text to each image.

I want to print a reference filename unobtrusivley on the bottom of the picture to people can reorder the image.

Just being able to have white text on a black background overlayed on top of the image would be fine.
sjedwardz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2007, 8:47 AM   #4

sjedwardz wrote:
Quote:
hi - that won't work for me as I print lots of different sizes on big sheets and let QI sort out the tiling ,I don't won't to manually add text to each image.

I want to print a reference filename unobtrusivley on the bottom of the picture to people can reorder the image.

Just being able to have white text on a black background overlayed on top of the image would be fine.
All of this can be done with floating text and by creating a custom layout. Check out one of the "Contact Sheet" layouts or the "Order Sheet" layouts using "Custom" in the size dropdown and then "Layout" to get an example of how it is done. You can create your own layout where the filename is on each print automatically: no need to add file names one by one.

Mike
http://www.ddisoftware.com
mchaney is offline   Reply With Quote