Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing - Qimage Support Forum

Old Sep 29, 2007, 9:04 PM   #1

This is perplexing -- I have the latest version of Qimage Pro, reset everything possible in the dropdown menu under Help and started over. It just will not print more than 3 inches of a 13x19 sixteen bit Tiff. There is no problem printing that large Tiff file in PS on my trusty Pentium 4 with 2 GB of memory.

Also, Qimage refused to print an 8 bit Tiff file in 13x19 size.

Suggestions/opinions/HELP??

MikeSp

MikeSp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 30, 2007, 2:13 PM   #2

I changed the Spooling to RAW for the large TIFF files and that allowed better memory management and the 13x19 TIFFs to print out, BUT -- now I have a 3-4 mm white border at the bottom and left side of the prints and it does not make any difference if I center the image, use "Fit to Page" or print actual size (which was 13x19).

Wonder what can be done to remove the white border on two sides even though the print size that was selected was borderless?

Mike
Old Oct 3, 2007, 12:56 PM   #3

Are you sure your printer is capable of doing true borderless printing at the 13x19 size? What is your overspray setting? You don't mention what printer you are using, but make sure you have the borderless option in the driver set so that there is some overspray/expansion and make sure it isn't disabled in Qimage (on the Page Formatting menu).

Mike
http://www.ddisoftware.com
mchaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2007, 1:30 PM   #4

Oops--forgot to mention the printer -- it is an HP B9180 and is capable of printing borderless 13x19's which it easily does with JPEG files using Qimage, but readily prints 13x19 borderless JPEG or TIFF prints in CS2 and CS3 -- either with the HP Plugin or the PS Print Preview method.

I did find that setting the print spooler in Qimage to RAW did allow 13x19 TIFFs BUTTTT -- they have a 3-4mm white border on the left and bottom sides... very strange...

Mike