Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing - Qimage Support Forum

Old Dec 5, 2007, 6:11 PM   #1

I am using Qimage version 2008.104, an HP 8250 Photosmart printer with a Windows XP computer. I set the paper size in the printer settings to, "Borderless 8.5x11." I am using the "Portrait Orientation" on the page - set in Qimage. I have been unable to print on HP photo paper (8.5x11) such that the photo or photos appear in the center of the page. Rather the photo (an 8x10) or photos (12, 3x2 photos) are flush with the top (short end) of the page. Also, when I print 12, 3x2 photos, one row at one edge of the long side of the page only prints half of each photo in the row. Yet all 12 photos appear to fit on the page when I view the page in the queue on the right side of the Qimage screen. In the case of trying to print 12, 3x2 photos on one page, I have tried various print placements (optimal spaced, optimal, center and freehand) with and without the, "Center on Physical Page," setting - all with the same results just mentioned.
The default margins on the "Page Margins" screen are 0.0000 for the top and left margins and 0.0033 for the right margin and 0.0017 for the bottom margin. I tried adjusting these margins to make them equal, but again I get the same results mentioned above.
1) How do I get photos to print in the center of the page and not flush with the top edge of the page?
2) How do I get all 12, 3x2 photos to print on one page without the photos in one row printing only half of each photo as decribed above?
I hope this is clear.
Thanks.
Richard
doowopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 9, 2007, 10:01 AM   #2

I can't be certain, but I believe some of the info in this month's Tech Corner article may apply since you are trying to print borderless. Check it out:

http://www.steves-digicams.com/techcorner/dec_2007.html

Mike
http://www.ddisoftware.com/qimage
mchaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2007, 2:55 PM   #3

Hi Mike,
Thanks for you response. That article was interesting but it didn't direclty deal with my problems with printing, especially my inability to center photos on a page.
Richard
doowopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2007, 8:00 AM   #4

I suggested that article because I believe your alignment problems deal with borderless and the fact that part of your print(s) may be printing off the edge of the page and your paper may not be aligning perfectly as it goes through the printer. Qimage is 100% dependent on your print driver so if you prints aren't centered, you need to check the settings in the driver and find out why the driver itself isn't centering them. Qimage is only doing what the driver is capable of doing.

Mike
http://www.ddisoftware.com
mchaney is offline   Reply With Quote