Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing - Qimage Support Forum

Old Sep 5, 2003, 6:37 AM   #1

Default panorama printing on Epson 825

I tried to print 8.3" by 65" long panorama to the epson photo stylus 825 printer with your software. I was able to print it once in very low resolution with lines and streaks in the image. Wehn I set the resolution to photo quality on the Epson driver software, it wouldn't print. Do I need a profile or something to use the Epson?
perry.dollar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 5, 2003, 6:50 AM   #2

The print driver was most likely just not able to handle that amount of data. To fix this, you'll need to turn off "Enable Advanced Printing Features" in the printer's properties under control panel. Also, make sure your spool type is set to "RAW" and not "EMF" and that your Windows swap file is at least 1 GB for its max size. These tips can be found in more detail on the troubleshooting page at:
http://www.ddisoftware.com/qimage/qimagehlp/trouble.htm
mchaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2003, 6:52 AM   #3

Default re panoramas on 825

Well, after many tries I have a solution I think will work with one provision. I can get my printer to accept the 70" panorama as a two page document. Wehn I look at the print preview, however, I see that there is a gap between page one and two. Since the goal is to print a seamless image, how do I get the Qimage softwae to make sure that the end of page1 is butted next to the beginning of page two. This would result in a seamless image.
perry.dollar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2003, 8:14 AM   #4

Your printer probably isn't going to allow you to do that because it cannot print all the way to the top/bottom of the paper. You'd have to cut the paper to the edge of the print to get rid of the margin that the printer places on the page.

This operation is usually no problem if you use the banner paper setting in the driver (assuming the driver gives you that option). It sounds like you are trying to create some type of workaround because you still cannot get it to work with the full size image? Have you checked to see if there is an updated driver available?
mchaney is offline   Reply With Quote