Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing - Qimage Support Forum

Old Mar 22, 2008, 10:23 AM   #1

Hello all, I am new to the forum.... immediate reason for joining is Mike's January article about the Sharpeness Equalizer. I followed the link to the old Outbackphoto article and the 3Dpresharpener... but it turned out that this plug-in is no longer for sale. As a part time photographer, I do small commercial and real estate shoots and never deliver prints, just files on CD. So my question : Is it possible to use Qimage to produce a JPG or Tif file without any implied printing sizes or lay-out,, or alternatively, would Mike be interested in making a Sharpeness Equalizer plug-in available at an appropriate price?

Thanks, Jef
JefDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 25, 2008, 7:41 AM   #2

The sharpness equalizer in Qimage does not depend on print size like the final print sharpening feature. It works the same as unsharp mask and in fact, it is just a "modifier" to the unsharp mask. So you can set an unsharp mask of say 2 pixels radius and 150% strength and crank up the equalizer slider to see the effect.

Mike
http://www.ddisoftware.com
mchaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2008, 3:59 AM   #3

Thanks Mike for your reply, but I am still not sure how to go ahead... If have been reading the tutorial and tried the program... yes, I can see the changes Sharpness Equalizer brings to the image, but I can't figure out how to then save that picture as a JPG or Tif file. I have used "print to file", but what I get is an FLT file of 2.4 Kb, which I suppose is only a set of instructions. So, I refrase my question : if I buy the program, can I use it to apply the Sharpeness Equalizer, and maybe interpollation and sharpening, and then save this file as a JPG or Tif, either to put it on CD as a finished image, or to work on it further in Photoshop ?

Jef
Old Apr 1, 2008, 8:40 AM   #4

If you have some images where you've applied the sharpness EQ, just add them to the queue and then right click in the queue and select "Convert Images". Pick a file type like JPG and you'll get JPG versions of the images in the queue with the sharpness EQ applied.

Mike
http://www.ddisoftware.com
mchaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2008, 4:38 AM   #5

Thanks for that !