Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing - Qimage Support Forum

Old Apr 6, 2008, 12:12 PM   #1

I am using Lightroom and I export my images as tiff files with the ProPhoto profile which is used by Lightroom. Lately I have been having Photoshop CS3 convert them to Adobe 1998 when opening them. Is this what I should do to print them in Qimage Pro? I read your info in the article on color management about Qimage not using ebedded profiles and I am not sure if what I am doing embeds the profile. I would appreciate the info on what I should do to print from Qimage correctly. I am using an Epson RX580 all-in-one printer and a Huey Pro calibrator. When I print from CS3 I choose to let the printer manage color and check ICC in the printer driver and they look good, but I have a lot of images to print for a show and some 2 to a page and I want to use Qimage. Also, your recent mailout about upgrading to the Studio Edition led me to check it out and I see it has dual processor support. How much faster is it? Just on processing the image for print or actual printing too? It takes several minutes to print an 8 x 10.

Thanks!

Judy
Digidiva100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 8, 2008, 12:49 PM   #2

I'm not sure which article you read, but this one might be best since you mention using an Epson printer:

http://www.steves-digicams.com/techcorner/May_2005.html

I'd recommend just setting Lightroom to export the TIFF images in Adobe RGB instead of Pro Photo. That way, you won't have to go through the extra step of converting Pro Photo to Adobe RGB before you print.

As to the Studio Edition and it's dual processing ability, it will double print speed on a dual (or quad) core machine. On an older machine like a Pentium with hyperthreading, you'll see about a 20% improvement in print speed. On a really old machine (one that doesn't even offer hyper threading), you won't see any increase in print speed. It only affects print speed and not other operations.

Mike
http://www.ddisoftware.com
mchaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2008, 9:58 AM   #3

Thanks, Mike. That article has the info I was looking for. The papers I use are in the printer driver. I did not realize I have to find that profile with Qimage or Ps. I haven't tried it yet but hope to do some printing today.

My computer has a Core 2 Duo processor so I might consider getting the Studio edition but I rarely print photos normally.

Judy
Digidiva100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2008, 11:30 PM   #4

I learned something new in this forum.
Thanks.