Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing - Qimage Support Forum

Old Apr 13, 2008, 10:49 AM   #1

Hi all

I have today purchased the studio edition of Qimage.

I notice a lot of mention about dual monitor support, That is until I try to enable it in the program or look through the manual about it.

Now, My idea of dual monitor support is for the program to use both monitors, Is this not the case?.

Fantastic program by the way.
velcrohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 14, 2008, 11:08 AM   #2

Yes. What is it you think you need to set up? If you are using dual monitors, your second monitor should be an extension of your desktop. You just drag whatever window(s) you want on the second monitor to the second monitor. There is nothing to "enable" in the program. It's all just standard Windows.

Mike
mchaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2008, 11:58 AM   #3

Ah right, I can do that with any program, The way dual monitor support was mentioned I took it as meaning it would say span across both monitors.

Was there a problem initially with this working?.

Not a problem, I just thought it was a new feature.

Cheers.

velcrohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2008, 9:37 AM   #4

Most programs are not dual monitor compliant. You can drag windows to the second monitor, but they won't stay there if you open them again. In Qimage, for example, you can open the batch filter window, drag it to monitor 2, and it'll stay on monitor 2 even if you close Qimage and reopen it. 95% of programs out there will not do that... because they don't recognize the second monitor and are only complying to your "drag" action because it is a standard Windows action. So you can drag any window you like in any program, but most will be "blind" to what you've just done and will revert back to monitor 1.

Mike
http://www.ddisoftware.com
Old Nov 6, 2008, 5:50 PM   #5

As a new user, what is not clear is how monitor color correction is modified when an image is moved between monitors.

Qimage seems to recognise the monitor profile of the first monitor - does it always use that profile?

While on the subject of monitors, my second monitor is widescreen, but I do not get a resize of qimage to fill that screen when the image is moved to that display - it retains its 4 x 3 proportions (unlike other photo software....photoshop, silkypix, faststone image viewer!

guern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2008, 6:56 AM   #6

guern wrote:
Quote:
As a new user, what is not clear is how monitor color correction is modified when an image is moved between monitors.

Qimage seems to recognise the monitor profile of the first monitor - does it always use that profile?

While on the subject of monitors, my second monitor is widescreen, but I do not get a resize of qimage to fill that screen when the image is moved to that display - it retains its 4 x 3 proportions (unlike other photo software....photoshop, silkypix, faststone image viewer!

Qimage will only recognize one profile so you should set Qimage's monitor profile to the profile for the monitor that you typically display the images on. For example, if you have Qimage set to display the batch filter window and full page editor on monitor 2, that's where you are doing your image editing so you should set your Mntr ICC in Qimage to the monitor profile for monitor 2.

Mike
http://www.ddisoftware.com